Step by step installation of VirtualBox 4.1.14 on Windows 7 Home Premium
Almost a year and a half ago I demonstrated how to install VirtualBox 3.2 on Windows XP Home Edition. A lot of things have changed since then and VirtualBox has improved in some areas, most importantly on the handling of USB interfaces and multi-core hosts/guests.
This is a step by step guide on how to install VirtualBox on Windows 7 Home Premium.
1. Start your favorite browser and point it to https://www.virtualbox.org/
2. Once there click on 'Downloads'
3. Click on 'VirtualBox 4.1.14 for Windows hosts x86/amd64 '
4. Click on 'Save File'
5. Double click on the file to begin the installation
6. You might get a security warning like this:
Just click on 'Run' to begin setup
7. You'll get the installer – click 'Next' to continue:
8. Take all the default options and click 'Next'
9. Pick the shortcuts you prefer – personally I take both and I delete later what I don't need
10. You'll get a warning about Network Interfaces - yes in my case music streaming and other stuff going did pause for a few seconds, if you're in a Skype call or something maybe you should hold off on this.
11. Click 'Install' to go ahead with the installation.
12. Click 'Finish' to finish the installation and start up VirtualBox 4.1.14.
13. If you get something like the following you're good to go: (note that I've already installed a Virtual Machine in this one)
14. Next we'll see how to setup a Virtual Machine for FreeBSD 9.0!